Psst: Go to Settings > Platforms from the menu on the top right corner.
FreightExchange + Shopify
We've made it fairly straight forward to connect your Shopify Store to show Rates on Checkout and Import Orders, simply follow the below steps below.
Before Getting Started
- You will need admin access to your FreightExchange account and the Shopify Store.
- You will need Third-Party Carrier-Calculated Shipping activated on your Shopify Store before you can connect FreightExchange to Shopify. Please connect with Shopify Support to get that feature activated on your store and if you haven't used rates on checkout before, it might not be activated at all.
- If you don't have Third Party Carrier-Calculated Shipping enabled, the app will still install and the only thing you'll be able to do is import orders to FreightExchange but the rates on checkout will not work.
- Ensure you have your store address set-up as a location your Shopify store.
Connect FreightExchange & Shopify
- Login or Signup to FreightExchange
- Navigate to Settings > Platforms using the top right menu.
- In the Platforms page, click the Add New button & select Shopify from the dropdown.
- After selecting Shopify from the dropdown, click Connect which will take you to the FreightExchange App on the Shopify App Store / Marketplace.
- Click Add App button on the FreightExchange App page in the Shopify App Store and follow the steps to install the FreightExchange app on your store.
- Once the installation is complete you will be redirected back to FreightExchange and the Shopify app will be shown as connected with the store name under it.
- If you see an error at this stage, this means your Rates on Checkout didn't work because Third-Party Carrier Calculated Shipping isn't enabled on your Shopify Store.
Default Freight Quote Settings
The FreightExchange Shopify plugin allows you to configure all quotes for accurate freight rates at the checkout.
Accurate Quotes using Standard Packaging
Verify the Installation
Here are the steps you need to follow to verify if the installation is successful.
- Navigate to FreightExchange > Settings > Platforms and you will see the store name under the app and the status shown as connected.
- Try to place an order on your Store until you hit the checkout screen and upon entering the shipping address (if you have Third Party Carrier-Calculated Shipping enabled) and proceeding, you should see the rates from FreightExchange shown on the next screen.
- Once orders are placed on your Store by your customers or you can test one yourself, they will automatically show on the Quote page in FreightExchange with all shipping details pre-filled.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article